How To Prepare For College — College Readiness Guide
What does it mean to be ready for college? There are some important steps to take during high school. Here are 11 tips to help you to be prepared academically and personally for your college education.
- Start Planning for College Now!
- Take the Right High School Classes to Prepare for College
- Get Involved in Extracurricular Activities
- Keep an Extracurricular Record
- Get to Know your High School Guidance Counselor
- Build Relationships with Mentors
- Work on College Readiness Life Skills
- College Visits – Schedule a College Campus Tour
- College Entrance Exams – Make a Plan
- Create an Organization System
- Apply for College Admission, Financial Aid and Scholarships
High School is a great time to learn, explore, develop, and dream. When you start your freshman year, you may not know where you want to go to college or what you want to study. But there are things you can do that will move you towards being ready to select, apply, and be accepted to a great college. You need to be prepared for the challenges you will face once you arrive and start your college education. The following tips and details can help you prepare for academic success in college.